So many people put off their visit to the dentist -- maybe because they’ve had an unpleasant past experience, or maybe because they’re worried it will be uncomfortable. However, it’s always best to deal with dental problems as and when they arise, and modern dental techniques have evolved to make your experience of dental treatment much more comfortable, effective, and predictable. You’ll wonder why you waited so long!
How modern dentistry can improve your quality of life
Even a small amount of dental treatment can have a lasting positive effect on your overall dental health and overall sense of wellbeing. Using technology and state-of-the-art equipment, modern dental techniques can restore the health and function of your teeth to let you bite and chew your food properly and maintain good oral hygiene. This contributes to good oral and dental health, which is important to our general health. Even minor dental treatments can make a big difference to the health of your teeth. Dealing with problems quickly, with high-quality treatment, also means less chance of needing to have extra treatment further down the line to replace results that don’t function as they should.
Modern dental treatment can also significantly improve the appearance of your teeth. Though it might not seem important, how your teeth look can make a big difference to how you feel. You’ll be more confident, and when you smile confidently, you smile more often! This can have a positive impact on your happiness, overall health, and interaction with others.
Some possible treatments include implants as a strong and stable tooth replacement option, as well as cosmetic procedures such as veneers or composite bonding to transform the look of chipped, misshapen, or stained teeth; orthodontics to straighten misaligned teeth; and teeth whitening to give you a brighter smile.
Modern dentistry and technology at South Hill Dental
Are you aware that you could benefit from treatment, but still feeling worried about taking the plunge? At South Hill Dental in Puyallup, we invest in the latest technology to make our treatments even more precise, predictable, and comfortable for you -- so there is no need to worry. Here is just some of the equipment we use to guarantee you the very best results:
- Digital x-ray - Using digital x-rays, we get an accurate look at the health of your teeth and gums in a way which is comfortable for you and allows us to accurately plan your treatment.
- Intraoral scanner - An Intraoral scanner is an advanced scanner which can take 3D pictures of your teeth and mouth. It helps us to precisely assess the current situation of your teeth and decide on the treatment you need. It means we can get a look at your teeth digitally, without you having to bite into messy impression paste.
- Cone beam CT scanner - This low radiation digital scanning technology gives us a highly detailed 3D view of your mouth and jaw. We use this accurate images to plan your dental treatment with precision.
- Computer-guided surgery - We use technology called X-Guide to transfer our 3D plan of treatment to your mouth. It guides our dental surgical procedures, such as dental implants, to make them more accurate and precise. This means that your appointment will be more efficient.
- Invisalign ClinCheck: This is digital software that enables you to take a look at the end result of Invisalign orthodontic treatment before you even begin. This way, you can be confident in the results.
- Digital anesthesia: To ensure you are as comfortable as possible during dental treatment, we use digital anesthesia to numb the specific tooth or section of the mouth that requires work. This is a pain-free, precise way to deliver anesthesia that won’t have you struggling to eat or talk with a numb mouth for hours after your procedure.
- Sedation: We understand that having dental procedures can make some people feel extremely nervous, which is why our experienced team can provide safe sedation to make you feel more relaxed during your procedure.
A modern tooth replacement option: dental implants
One modern dental treatment that can have a huge impact on quality of life is dental implants. Having gaps in your smile as a result of missing teeth can make your teeth hard to clean, negatively affect your bite, and cause bone loss over time. Having missing teeth also affects how you feel about your smile, causing you to lose confidence when smiling, talking, and interacting with others. All of this can have a negative impact on your overall wellbeing and self-confidence.
Dental implants involve a small titanium post being inserted into your jawbone, then fitted with a ceramic crown or bridge on top to replace your missing tooth or teeth. The result is a replacement option which is stronger and sturdier than removable dentures, and looks and functions like a natural tooth!
At South Hill Dental, we use technology throughout the process to give you precise and accurate results. For example, we use our intraoral scanner to get a 3D image of your teeth, jaw, and gums. We can then use this image, along with advanced software, to precisely plan where your implant should be placed. Our software can also guide the surgery, ensuring results that are predictable and precise.
Why choose South Hill Dental for modern dentistry?
If you're thinking about having dental treatment done to improve the function and esthetics of your smile, South Hill Dental will make it easy for you. Contact us by phone, email, or using our online form to make an appointment for a time that suits you -- our extended opening hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays make attending an appointment more convenient. Thanks to our central location in Puyallup, we’re also easy to get to.
When you arrive at our clinic, we do our best to put you at ease and make your treatment experience as pleasant as possible! Our friendly team are on hand at all times to answer any questions you have, and our office is designed to be a comfortable place to relax while you wait for your appointment.
Are you interested in learning more about how modern dentistry could improve how your smile looks and feels, as well as your overall oral and general health? Get in contact with us today to book an appointment at South Hill Dental in Puyallup. Our experienced team will help you understand the treatments available and which are right for you.
We look forward to seeing you soon!